- What: Live Storytelling Event, with the theme: EPIC FAIL!
- Which is?: True stories told live by web people from UVA’s uWeb and Charlottesville’s Neon Guild, Live, On Stage, No Notes.
- Host: Ray Nedzel, member of uWeb and Neon Guild
- When: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 – 7:30 to 9pm
- Where: C’ville Coffee – (google map)
- Cost: $5 (tickets available at the door)
- Wendy Repass
- Amy Sarah Marshall
- Debra Weiss
- John Rhea
- Karen McDowell
- Cheryl Sandas
- Steve Donahue
Big Blue Door has brought live storytelling to life in Charlottesville through last year’s Big Blue Door Jams and Big Blue Door Slams. Real storytelling performances are eclectic and fun bursting with life. Since each storyteller is unique, each story is one-of-a-kind.
And now Big Blue Door is proud to announce it’s first ever Big Blue “OPEN” Door. The Open Door has a format similar to the monthly Door Jams but the storytellers are invited from a specific community.
For the first Open Door on Wednesday, Oct 2, host Ray Nedzel taps into the world of uWeb and the Neon Guild.
Did you ever think web designers and programmers might have dull lives of monotonous success? Think again! The web community is asked to come in person and tell true stories inspired by the theme of “EPIC FAIL!”
It all adds up to a delightful night at Cville Coffee!
If you’d like to get a taste, go to The Moth and listen to a few of the stories: http://themoth.org/stories
Or, if you’d like a view, go to: The Moth on Youtube and watch a few: http://www.youtube.com/user/mothstories
Or, BETTER YET, listen to a selection of previous Big Blue Door Stories: http://www.cvillepodcast.com/?s=big+blue+door
And check out the September 19th story telling event: https://www.facebook.com/events/520916454653549/
Looking Forward to listening to you!