(updated, nov 8, 2013) Nomination period ended Nov 7th – Elections will begin, Tuesday, Nov. 12th.
[original post begins here] A year ago, the first uWeb Steering Committee was elected. It was determined that each year new elections would be held for the majority of the seats – to keep the group innovative, iterative, diverse and sustainable. That time is now.
So, do you know someone who would be excellent at helping shape the future of our web presence and our digital communications here at UVA? Is that someone you?
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- Nominations Start: Today, Wed., Oct. 23rd, 2013
- Nominations End: Thursday, Nov. 7th, 2013
Some points of interest:
- You may nominate yourself
- You may nominate others (up to five people)
- Nominees will be contacted for their consent
- Term: Dec 2013 to Dec 2014
- All UVA employees are eligible
- We will be electing three steering committee seats
- Elections will be held, online, in November, for one week, after all nominees have been confirmed
The Mission of uWeb can be found:
More about uWeb elections can be found:
FYI: Cathy Derecki, Scott Crittenden, and Doug Chestnut are stepping off the committee at the end of the current term. John Rhea, Curry School of Education, and Ray Nedzel, School of Medicine, are remaining on for the next term. Three newly elected members will join the uWeb Steering Committee in December 2013 and serve until at least one term, until December 2014.
Need more information Contact Cheryl Sandas, or any member of the current uWeb Steering Committee.