Sign up for the Email List
To receive the UWeb list emails, sign up for the listserv named “uweb”. (How to subscribe to a UVa mailing list.)
uWeb List Participation Policies
Please understand that by subscribing to the list, you are agreeing to comply with our community’s participation policies.
It is a risk we take when we submit our work for the scrutiny of others. Work on the web is uniquely open, so we are a courageous bunch by nature. Still, others may feel reticent to ask for feedback in such a public way, or may want to not hear repeated feedback on a topic that is not of interest to them. To help ensure that people feel safe to request feedback, and that everyone in the uWeb community feels free to keep discussions going without filling up inboxes, we hope that the following guidelines will help make your participation in the list more engaging and fulfilling:
1) Posting for Private Responses: If you want a private response, address your message to yourself, and place “firstname.lastname@example.org” in your “BCC” field. That way, all responses will go only to you.
2) Replies: Healthy discussion is encouraged, but use your judgment. If the nature of your response is largely critical, you may want to reply only to the sender.
3) Sharing Responses: If you requested private feedback, and received some that you think may be worthwhile for the group, please send a summary of the responses you received to email@example.com.
4) Membership Settings: Members can choose to receive all emails or receive a daily digest of messages. To adjust your settings, login to https://lists.virginia.edu/ and go to “subscription settings.”
5) Please remember that this is a resource-sharing, networking, and focused discussion group. Participation in this list by UVa or non-UVa members is governed by UVa’s Responsible Computing Policy (http://www.virginia.edu/informationpolicy/responsible.html).
6) Members may address concerns regarding the use of the list to the the list moderators at firstname.lastname@example.org.