Promote the work of web contributors, developers, designers, and advocates; provide opportunities for cross-Grounds collaboration, initiatives, and professional development; and elevate the overall quality and access to web-related resources, tools, knowledge, and functionality at the University of Virginia.
- Create online resources that are a benefit to the membership and/or publicize excellent work being done throughout the university
- Provide certified professional development workshops/courses to various tracks of web people who work at U.Va. (similar to LSP Pro program)
- Enhance understanding among U.Va. decision-makers of the importance of the Web as a strategic platform, so that Web development becomes a larger component of University initiatives.
- Position members for leadership roles in larger university initiatives
- Advocate for partnerships, cooperatives, and policies that benefit the University through economies of scale (in purchasing et al.) and the spread of knowledge.